Friday 26 October 2012

Love will turn the whole world into something greater than itself.


I just found this photo hiding away in the hidden depths of my photo library on my laptop, a beautiful sunset that I took on this date last year. Apparently we had a sugary, candy floss coloured sunset up in Scotland, and finding this photo was a nice reminder of all the lovely things that happened at University this time last year. I go back tomorrow after a really relaxing couple of weeks at home, and it will be good to get back into the swing of things for a final push before the Christmas holidays. I'm looking forward to the festivities of Halloween and Bonfire night, wrapping up warm in new gloves and mittens to keep me warm, sparklers and hot chocolates with cream and marshmallows. I can't wait for all the Christmas decorations to go up, and I'm even looking forward to starting my Christmas shopping, a first for me as I'm usually the most disorganised person when it comes to that kind of thing! Usually I never really look forward to going back to University after spending time at home but this time I can't wait, and it's nice to finally feel settled there (a home away from home ).

P.S. I started a little blog for all things book related, you can find it here. I hope you like it! 

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 26 October 2012 at 07:32 , Blogger Katie @mummydaddyme said...

Theres nothing better than autumn, I love bonfire night and hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. xx

Www.totallytates.com

 
At 26 October 2012 at 09:42 , Blogger Rowan said...

What an utterly gorgeous sunset! I'll definitely be checking out your book blog xoxo

 
At 26 October 2012 at 09:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo - I love drinking hot chocolate or caramel latte the most during autumn! :-)

 
At 26 October 2012 at 13:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the looking forward, I have planned all my Christmas shopping too!

rachael @ madeupoflittlethings xx

 
At 26 October 2012 at 13:06 , Blogger Author said...

Dear Ellie; I enjoy both your blogs, but may I ask that you please, please make the fonts bigger and ink deeper toned!! Some of us are nearly 40, with the tired eyes of long time journalists working in editorial. :-)
Thanks

 
At 26 October 2012 at 14:53 , Blogger Unknown said...

This picture is absolutely lovely! I'll have to head over to your book blog as well seeing as the bookworm inside of me would love to see what you read and hopefully find some new books for myself :)
Elle - xo

 
At 27 October 2012 at 13:36 , Blogger daisychain said...

such a gorgeous photo x

 
At 28 October 2012 at 05:06 , Blogger amie k said...

what a beautiful shot. I love the colours of nature, they're so inspiring!
I am your newest follower, too!
xo Amie
www.creditcrunchchic.com

 
At 28 October 2012 at 14:26 , Blogger Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

I love the colors of sunsets, so pretty :) and yes! I'm pretty excited about putting up all my Christmas decorations too ;)

 
At 29 October 2012 at 16:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awarded you the Liebster award http://becaboosmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-liebster-award.html

 
At 31 October 2012 at 08:17 , Blogger Spacebound_ said...

Oh my golly gosh!! I stumbled across your blog there and I have fallen deeply in love! It's super cute! :-):-) SpaceBound x x spaceboundgirl.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 1 November 2012 at 11:56 , Blogger Victoria said...

Great photo! x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home