Saturday 6 October 2012

How to live magically


1. Keep a daily diary
2. Always take a ride on each carousel you see
3. Stop to give coins to every violinist you hear
4. Never pass a lemonade stand without buying a glass
5. Always have a drawing book and pencil handy
6. Take tea every afternoon
7. Scribble down your dreams at dawn
8. Take yourself to the cinema
9. Give a name to all the bumblebees you spy
10. Sleep in pretty nightgowns
11. Read your favourite poetry out loud
12. Write and illustrate your fondest memory
13. Carry your favourite sweeties in your left pocket
14. Wear a locket with faerie dust inside
15. Tie your hair up in ribbons
16. Remember always to be Brave

A list I found on Tumblr a while ago, and have scribbled down in the front of my journal and daily diary. A few words to live by. 

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 6 October 2012 at 09:44 , Blogger lily white english rose said...

such a gorgeous list, wish my life was a fairytale sometimes :D

 
At 6 October 2012 at 10:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a lovely little list, I'd love to live like this! xo

 
At 6 October 2012 at 11:07 , Blogger Michelle / Daisybutter said...

Awh I love these little posts of yours, Ellie! I'm definitely taking the title as inspiration for a list journal page of my own. The bumblebees one is the cutest. xx

 
At 6 October 2012 at 11:55 , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

so lovely, these little lists always fill me with inspiration! xx

 
At 6 October 2012 at 17:07 , Blogger Lydia said...

Love this!

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

 
At 7 October 2012 at 00:53 , Blogger Sophie said...

Cute post! xx

 
At 7 October 2012 at 01:57 , Blogger Lorna, literally. said...

Absolutely love this! And that photo is just perfect x

 
At 7 October 2012 at 05:06 , Blogger Vanessa said...

This is a really sweet post, think I may scribble this down somewhere myself :)x

 
At 7 October 2012 at 06:05 , Blogger ♡L. said...

I always name every little creature and animal I come across :)
I don't think I'd ever be one to take myself to the cinema though, I love company far too much!
Such a lovely little list. Missed you, Ellie xxx

 
At 7 October 2012 at 08:45 , Blogger Alice said...

A locket with faerie dust inside is my kind of promise xxx

 
At 7 October 2012 at 16:37 , Blogger Jessica said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower, and I'm really glad to have found you. Your blog is so cute, and I love this post--so inspiring! I love books and the written word in general. I look forward to reading more from you!

I'd love if you followed back! You can find me at What's in a Name?

 
At 8 October 2012 at 00:40 , Blogger Ember Drake said...

Aww such a lovely list and the picture is adorable too! I always name the bugs/creatures I come across - my mum says it's weird but hey now I know it's magical! :-)

Em
x

http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 9 October 2012 at 11:09 , Blogger Emily said...

<333 I love you and your blog more and more every day xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home