Thursday 18 October 2012

Being a Bookworm

You know that horrible feeling you get after just finishing a lovely book when you just can't seem to find anything else to read as you fear it will just be a let down? Well, that's exactly how I'm feeling now, after a long train journey home transformed me back into a bookworm. You see, I go through phases with reading; one week all I want to do is get lost in a good story, and then the next that seems to be the last thing I want to do. I'm not quite sure why it happens, but now that I'm home for a week or so I'm fully embracing my desire to read as many books as I can get my hands on. I just finished off Delirium by Lauren Oliver, a magical book that had me close to tears on a few occasions! You really must read it if you ever get the chance, and I'm looking forward to picking up the next one when I visit the bookstore. For now I have been dipping into a few new purchases, a book full of fairytales and a book full of stars, perfect to read curled up in bed with a cup of tea. I am on the lookout for a few new books to see me through the rubbish weather though, so if you have any recommendations please let me know! I feel a trip to Waterstones coming on very soon...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 18 October 2012 at 13:43 , Blogger ♡L. said...

I know the exact feeling! I have weeks where I love reading, I can read a book in two days, and then be onto the next. But sometimes I try and try to read but cannot process the words or even get my imagination to co-operate. It's odd. xxx

 
At 18 October 2012 at 14:02 , Blogger Katie @mummydaddyme said...

Ooh I will have to have a look at that Delirium book, it looks good, thanks for the tip! I have just finished 'Me before you' by Jo Jo Moyles. It literally had me in tears, it was so good and I have thought about it lots after. I think thats a sign of a good book.
x
Katie www.totallytates.com

 
At 18 October 2012 at 14:05 , Blogger Stacey said...

When God Was A Rabbit is a pretty good read, and then for something easy, not too serious and a bit cheesy The statistical probability of love at first sight. xx

 
At 18 October 2012 at 14:10 , Blogger Sarah || Moon + Forest said...

I know how you feel - I'm reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami at the moment and I love it so much I just don't want it to end. I'll be really stuck for a good read after it.

The Astronomy and Pullman books look great though! :)

 
At 18 October 2012 at 14:40 , Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel with books! You get so attached to their characters and when you turn the last page you also get a 'what on earth do i do now' feeling. I love good books though, :) The books you've been reading look amazing, might have to check them out x

 
At 18 October 2012 at 22:58 , Blogger daisychain said...

Have you read The Book Thief? It was emotional but captivating, I love it! x

 
At 19 October 2012 at 04:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly recommend 'The Fault In Our Stars' and 'Looking For Alaska' both by John Green :)

 
At 19 October 2012 at 07:35 , Blogger Vanessa said...

Literally one of my favourite books! I love it x

 
At 19 October 2012 at 07:36 , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm such a bookworm, I get well in to a story then feel pretty lost once its over. Kate Mosse has some good books... Definitely the type of stories you get lost in. Also like daisychain said the book thief is amazing x

 
At 20 October 2012 at 06:33 , Blogger delicate diaries said...

I love the bookmarker :D x

 
At 27 October 2012 at 11:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha I use tickets at book marks too!

http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home