Saturday 1 September 2012

White Rabbits!

It is the first day of a new month, the first of September! Today is the day that all of the Hogwarts students pack up their trunks full of magic books and quills and school robes and board the Hogwarts Express, ready for a new term. I closed my eyes and crossed my toes and wished that it would stop to pick me up along the way - I will never stop dreaming about stepping into Harry's world...
I love this time of year as it is when I start to feel extremely excited about the coming Autumn season. In Autumn you can curl up with your favourite, well worn book under a cosy blanket with a good hot cup of tea and not move for hours if you choose. Or you spend a whole day watching your most loved films, snuggled up in a duvet with a hot chocolate (and marshmallows and cream!) to keep the cold at bay. Let's not forget the long Autumn walks, the satisfying crunch of leaves beneath your new boots bought especially for that very occassion! It's finally acceptable to wrap up in knitted cardigans again, warm scarves and thick cosy tights, old favourites forgotten for Summer. Rosy cheeks and rosy noses, oh so cute!
I'm all tucked up warm in bed at this very moment, the Autumnal episode of Charlie and Lola playing in the background and making me crave a nice big hot chocolate before I go to sleep!
Hello Autumn, it's nice to see you again

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1 September 2012 at 15:37 , Blogger Little Bear Found said...

i love reading your posts :) xx

 
At 1 September 2012 at 15:41 , Blogger Ellie said...

Awww, thank you lovely! This made me smile, I'm glad you enjoy reading m y rambles :) xxx

 
At 1 September 2012 at 19:01 , Blogger figwittage said...

Your posts are so whimsical, absolutely love reading them. I too, have always wanted to get my letter to Hogwarts. I'm re-reading the series and am on book 3. I miss living in Wisconsin (northern aka Midwest) because we had proper seasons! Living in Atlanta, it's warm until October! It's sooo weird and I've been here for 6 years.

My internal autumn clock is still on Wisco autumn time :) I'm ordering autumnal soy candles next week, pumpkin spice and I can't decide on the other fragrance! I love being warm and cosy and I love crunching leaves! xx

 
At 2 September 2012 at 04:17 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what a lovely post! I agree with everything autumn/winter = perfect time for cosy-ing up with a book :) And Harry Potter, well from being the age of 11 I wished every year for letter too! It was always too goo to bed true, I love it!
Elle xo

 
At 2 September 2012 at 04:18 , Blogger Unknown said...

Arg, I wish that I had got to step on the hogwarts express to go to school- it's never to late is it? here is hoping for next year.

I'm so excited for autumn, by far my favourite season. nothing beats a warm jumper and curling up with a boxset & bar of galaxy.

poppy
letsdrivefaraway.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 2 September 2012 at 12:02 , Blogger Miss T said...

I still wait for my Hogwarts letter year after year but it never appears, instead we just have the doom and gloom of university reading lists instead, not quite as good as a History of Hogwarts... (: Autumn is my favourite season as it never disappoints you like summer and is always nice and cosy. Perfect nights in await. xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home