Sunday 30 September 2012

Ribena Cupcakes


I'm afraid that my little blog is becoming somewhat dedicated to lovely cakes! I can't help it, you see, for there really is little better than sitting down for a cup of tea and cake on a cold day. While my Prince was busy occupying himself with a new Xbox game I decided to make the most of having a free kitchen and whip up some Ribena cupcakes that I've been meaning to try for a while now. I'm a little bit addicted to the blackcurrant goodness that is Ribena, it reminds me of sunny days and being a child again, getting giggly from too much sugar! We currently have five unopened bottles sitting in our kitchen cupboard (oops!) so I thought they deserved a little love and attention. I used this recipe but didn't stick to it completely as I didn't have any blackberry jam, but the sponge still has a slight taste of Ribena and the buttercream tastes so lovely and sweet! Hundreds and thousands were used as decorations, as what's a cake without some childish decorating? 

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 30 September 2012 at 06:47 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yuuuuuuuuum looks delicious you've inspired me to hop down to the kitchen and bake immediately! All in time for Downton tonight :)

Love Harriet and Phebes

www.momentsunexpected.com

 
At 30 September 2012 at 06:51 , Blogger Kaz said...

Mmm I love ribena so much, I only buy it as an occasional treat now though after realising just how much of it I was getting through! These cakes look incredible, I definitely need to try them!
Kaz x

 
At 30 September 2012 at 07:15 , Blogger Sallytangle said...

Ribena and cake!?!?!? Why have i never heard of this before!?!?!? I am looking forward to a big mug of autumn ribena later (ribena with hot water lol).

Hope you are having a lovely weekend xxxx

 
At 30 September 2012 at 07:16 , Blogger Sophie said...

I love ribena - these look amazing! x

 
At 30 September 2012 at 07:57 , Blogger Emily said...

RIBENA CUPCAKES?! How have I never heard of these. I'm not sure I can even begin to imagine what they taste like. Which is, of course, the perfect reason to make them for myself to see xxx

 
At 30 September 2012 at 09:14 , Blogger jennie said...

YUMMY!!! xo

 
At 30 September 2012 at 09:17 , Blogger floral and feather said...

Oh I definately need to try these!

 
At 30 September 2012 at 09:47 , Blogger Miss T said...

I hate ribena, but these still look appealing. Put the word cake in anything and I'll eat it. My boyfriend adores the stuff though so I may whip him up a batch when he comes to visit (: xx

 
At 30 September 2012 at 16:15 , Blogger Lydia said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!


http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

 
At 30 September 2012 at 21:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

looks so appetizing! really pretty cupcakes, yumm! <3

 
At 1 October 2012 at 06:40 , Blogger Cat said...

These look amazing babe! xx

 
At 1 October 2012 at 06:52 , Blogger Unknown said...

they are so cute and they look so good!
I am gonna have to use that recipe haha!
and well, what better thing to do that eat cupcakes while your man is playing video games!?!?
I like your blog and can't wait to be back to read some more posts from you!
have a great rest of your day!
;D
~Morgan

 
At 2 October 2012 at 14:31 , Blogger  Collette said...

It feels like fate that I came across this recipe, and your blog obviously! I have so many half bottles of Ribena lying around, I'll have to put them to use!

Cute blog by the way!

xo

 
At 4 October 2012 at 08:29 , Blogger Claire said...

I'm not normally a fan of ribena but these cupcakes look so yummy :-)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home