Thursday 20 September 2012

Letters to you, from me.

Dear Autumn,
I've missed you, and I'm glad you're back. Even though sometimes you can make my life a little miserable, like when you decide it's time for a downpour just as we're about to set off for a bike ride or when you're having a particularly cold day that no amount of layers can protect me from, but most of the time I enjoy your company. I like how you let me pretend to be a dragon and see the warm clouds of air in front of my face, how I can finally wear my new coat and have an excuse to go shopping for warmer clothes, and I particularly like how I can take a bath in the middle of the afternoon to warm myself up from your coolness. If you keep this up I have a feeling we'll get on just fine.

Dear Primark jeans,
Right, we have a problem. I feel in love with you the moment I pulled you on, and there's no denying that you're one of the comfiest pairs I own. But did nobody ever tell you it's rude to dye everything else in the washing machine while you're in there?! That's just downright bad manners.

Dear Italy,
Thank you for inventing pasta. Seeing as I've already eaten two bowls of the stuff today I thought it was only polite to write you a formal thank you. Oh, and while we're at it, thank you for inventing pizza too, and gelato... and the men, of course.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 20 September 2012 at 12:47 , Blogger Hev said...

Dear Ellie, I very much enjoyed reading this post! Haha I'm so cheesy. I do enjoy Autumn an awful lot though, glad to be reunited with my jumpers! xx

 
At 20 September 2012 at 13:19 , Blogger Lydia said...

Haha I had pasta today, too! Not to mention I'm part Italian. Go Italy. ;D

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

 
At 20 September 2012 at 13:30 , Blogger Cate said...

You are so cute!! And reading this makes so much fun! =) I´m so glad, I found your blog!

 
At 21 September 2012 at 07:07 , Blogger hawwa said...

Lol I love how you write your posts. :) New follower..follow back?
x
http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 21 September 2012 at 09:49 , Blogger Holly said...

Oh I loved reading this, you've really put a smile on my face :)
Autumn is my favourite, I'm so excited it's finally here :D

Love Holz oxo

 
At 22 September 2012 at 12:23 , Blogger Ellie said...

Awww, thank you! Haha, I'm glad you liked it, and I've been enjoying getting my jumpers out this week too :) xxx

 
At 22 September 2012 at 12:23 , Blogger Ellie said...

Oh, definitleg 'Go Italy' then! Haha :D xxx

 
At 22 September 2012 at 12:24 , Blogger Ellie said...

Awww, thank you, lovely! I'm so happy you enjoy reading it :) xxx

 
At 22 September 2012 at 12:24 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your blog :) xxx

 
At 22 September 2012 at 12:25 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you, sweet! I'm really glad you liked it :) xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home