Monday 10 September 2012

A dream is a wish your heart makes

The last few days have been a bit of a rollercoaster in regards to emotion for me, and is the primary reason of why I haven't written lately. My parents went back home on Saturday after spending a lovely few days with me up in Scotland and helping me to settle into the new flat, which is always upsetting as I really am a home girl at heart! After rather a lot of tears and a few waves of hard-hitting homesickness I finally feel a lot happier and optimistic about this semester at University, and it definitely helps that my Prince and I are sharing a flat together so he's always there for cuddles and silliness when it is required

This morning we popped into town and were pleased to find that a new little cake shop has just recently opened. The cupcakes they had on display looked amazing, although I have a feeling that might not be too good for my waistline! I also treated myself to a few little pieces that I'll be sure to show you in a post, and while we were wandering around the shopping centre I noticed that Lush were advertising for Christmas temps! The interviews are being held on Thursday evening so I think I might go along and see how it goes - wish me luck?!

I finally sorted out my Uni timetable today, and I have both Tuesdays and Fridays off this semester with only one lecture on Wednesday, not bad at all! Being a stationary geek I had fun noting it down in my new Paperchase organiser and going a bit sticky note crazy - who said stationary wasn't cute! We spent the rest of my afternoon curled up on the sofa eating copious amounts of popcorn and watching Cinderella, a Disney favourite that my Prince very kindly treated me to during a trip to Tesco yesterday. I love the songs and the mice and Cinderella's magical dress for the ball... To be a Disney Princess would be ever so wonderful! One day, maybe, I will keep wishing.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10 September 2012 at 12:20 , Blogger youralmostalice said...

I love Cinderella, one of my favourites!
Natalie xx
youralmostalice.blogspot.com

 
At 10 September 2012 at 14:53 , Blogger lily white english rose said...

disney is the greatest creation ever, i love them all but my favourite favourite has to be beauty and the beast :D

www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

 
At 10 September 2012 at 15:02 , Blogger Park Bench Poet said...

I love those sticky notes! X

 
At 11 September 2012 at 04:48 , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

I love Cinderella, always cheers me up <3 settling back into uni can be quite a trying time <3 xx

 
At 11 September 2012 at 05:36 , Blogger Loves Of Lucy said...

aw this was so lovely to read. Disney movies are the best to cheer people up!<3 xx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:47 , Blogger Ellie said...

It's one of my favourite too, although having said that I'm a little bit in love with every Disney film :) xxx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:48 , Blogger Ellie said...

It really is! Beauty and the Beast is probably my favourite too, I used to have a yellow dress just like her when I was little, haha :) xxx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:48 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you! Paperchase has the best stationary :) xxx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:49 , Blogger Ellie said...

Disney never fails to put a smile on your face :) It's taken some getting used to but I think I'm more settled in now :) <3 xxx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 12:49 , Blogger Ellie said...

Definitely! It doesn't matter which one, they're all so lovely :) xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home