Monday 27 August 2012

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me - C.S. Lewis

A couple of photos to summarise how my Bank Holiday Monday has been spent! Yesterday I woke up early (far too early for me!) and settled in the car with sleepy eyes and a sleepy head for a long car journey to visit my family in Wales. It was very lovely to see them all, so the long journey was very much worth it! Instead of driving all the way back again we stopped at our little cottage in the Lake District for the night, which is where I woke up this morning, in a cosy little blue bedroom to the sound of rain falling heavily against my window. It always seems to rain on days when it shouldn't, on days when you would much rather go out somewhere to explore and feel the heat of the sun on your back. Our lack of rain coats meant this was not a possibility, so after a big mug of tea we came home again. The rest of the day has been spent curled up in fresh pyjamas and fresh bedsheets, giving lots of cuddles to a silly pink bear and getting lost in Narnia. Oh, I do wish I was Lucy and stumbled upon the magic wardrobe in the spare room! I would love to wrap up in big coats and scarves and mittens to go and have tea with Mr Tumnus, tea and hot crumpets by the fire. And to meet Aslan, how lovely would that be! I will never stop dreaming about my own little trip to Narnia, and I will never stop searching for a magical entrance way in old wardrobes and dusty forgotten paintings...

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 27 August 2012 at 10:00 , Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like a beautiful day. I love Narnia and your writing style is so lovely :) x

 
At 27 August 2012 at 11:23 , Blogger Miss T said...

I love Narnia, but I have yet to find a wardrobe big enough to whisk me away. The Magician's Nephew is my favourite and I was so disappointed when they didn't start the film series with that one, it would have made it even more magical. (: xx

 
At 27 August 2012 at 19:43 , Blogger figwittage said...

I have never seen that movie :( But I want to now, wardrobes and secret gardens are fascinating. I love the Secret Garden :) Your family has a cottage in the Lake District? Oh, I am so jealous. I've never been, but it's on my list of places to visit! I also love fresh sheets and pyjamas... something so cosy about them. xx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 04:49 , Blogger ♡L. said...

Sounds like such a warm, snuggly day! I woke up with the sun shining, but the wind was so chilly, I just decided to wrap up in my dressing gown and catch up on blogs :) Lazy days are so lovely xx

 
At 5 September 2012 at 09:08 , Blogger Charlotte said...

lovely post, also, I have that quote (the title) on my bedroom wall, i even have proof: http://www.charlotteswebblog.co.uk/2011/12/peek-inside-my-bedroom.html

amazing x

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home