Friday 31 August 2012

Live by the sun, love by the moon.

Today has been a very lovely day, a day so full of smiles that I fear my cheeks may begin to ache a little if I do not stop soon! It did not start off this way, though, so I for one am very happy as to how it has turned out. You see, I was woken this morning by another early alarm for another driving lesson, which I am getting very bored of! My test is at the beginning of next week, so hopefully all of this driving business shall be sorted very shortly (I have my fingers crossed!). Anyway, here is a little list of reasons why my day has been lovely;

My Prince and I went off for a drive in search of an adventure, and we ended up at the cutest little farm shop and tearoom! Even though it's very close to my house we don't visit enough, but we have made a promise to visit again for milkshakes and cake before we go back to University. After browsing and drooling at all of the lovely treats for sale in the shop we settled down for lunch, hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows for me and a ham and cheese toastie for him (I pinched a bit and can confirm that it was very tasty indeed!). It is always lovely to stumble upon a cute shop or cafe when you're least expecting it.

From the farm shop we also bought a little brown package of animal food and went off to make some new friends! I was a little frightened at one particular donkey who got rather excited at the thought of a bit of food, but I fed him a handful and he let me stroke his soft head and all was well. A little ginger nut coloured Shetland pony didn't want to miss out either, so between my Prince and I we made sure that they both had full tummies by the time we left!

We came home to find that my Mum had baked another of her wonderful cakes, this time a lovely chocolate treat filled with blueberries with glitter and magical stars sprinkled upon the top! It looks wonderful and tastes as good, I have a feeling this one won't last very long at all...!
My sister has come home for the weekend to visit, all the way from London! We went down to visit only a couple of weeks ago but I'm glad that I have the chance to see her again for a while before I head back to Scotland soon (I love you, Big Sister!).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1 September 2012 at 20:11 , Blogger figwittage said...

Wow. Where do I begin with these photos? They're all so lovely. Food photos make me so hungry and yours look so delicious! The hot chocolate and cream looks like the yummiest hot chocolate I've ever seen! I adore donkey's and Shetlands, so cute aren't they?! I wish I could live in the English countryside and have a little farm where a few animals could live happily! xx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home