Tuesday 28 August 2012

Don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden

Yesterday while tidying my bedroom I came across a lovely gift from Christmastime hidden away on my bookshelves, the most beautiful little collection of Winnie-the-Pooh books. I read the first one before I went to bed that evening; I chuckled about his adventure with the bees, how he tried to be a little black cloud to deceive them. Sometimes it takes an endearingly clumsy bear to feel at peace with oneself.


The Postman brought me a lovely package today, a book I had been wishing for and finally decided to buy a copy for my bookshelf. It is filled with lovely little illustrations, and I'm quite partial to books written entirely about wonderful outfits and beautiful dresses! I really must stop buying books, but my love for pretty covers and well written words has always been my downfall. When I'm older I would like  to have my own little library, a dream I have always had since watching Beauty & The Beast as a child. Wish, wish, wish...


Today has been a bad day for my poor little purse! My Mum and I went into town to look for some University things that I was in need of, but I spotted these little tins and couldn't resist buying them too. A Peter Rabbit tin with English Breakfast tea, a Mrs Tiggy-Winkle tin with English Afternoon tea and a Jemima Puddle Duck tin with Earl Grey tea! My tea cup will always be full now. I also spend my pennies on some lovely floral bedding for my University bedroom, they are ever so pretty and will look lovely I'm sure.


Time for tea, I think 

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 28 August 2012 at 09:46 , Blogger lily white english rose said...

OMG i always wanted a library after seeing the library on beauty and the beast!! my book collection is definitely on its way lol lovely post :D
jess @ www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

 
At 28 August 2012 at 10:35 , Blogger Emily said...

Those tins are so beautiful, one day if I have kids I'd love a little nursery full of gorgeous trinkets like this. Also totally with you on the library dream, one day... xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 13:20 , Blogger floral and feather said...

Pretty tins, I love Beatrix Potter books. Great mug too!

 
At 29 August 2012 at 02:05 , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

The tins are far too cute, I have always loved Beatrix Potter <3 <3 and the Beauty and the Beast mug! Want <3 xx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home