Thursday 23 August 2012

A penny in my purse, And my eyes are blue

I have had the most wonderful 24 hours, but now I am at the end of it my feet are weary and my eyes are sleepy and swimming. Last night I went out for dinner with my Prince and a friend that I haven't seen in eight long months! It is strange, how now we study in different places and don't see each other as often as we are used to, how normal things feel when we do meet, like no time has passed at all. The food was lovely and I had a very lovely evening, full of giggles and storytelling and other chitter-chatter. My sweet little kitty shoes went on their very first outing out of my bedroom too!


This morning over my cup of breakfast tea I discovered that my University timetable for this coming Autumn Semester has been posted! I am only in for six hours a week, which seems very little, however with the extra work I'm sure I will be spending many hours in the Library. I think I might apply for some jobs, perhaps in the quite little tea rooms or cosy book shops. Oh, imagine how lovely it would be to be surrounded by books everyday! I would also quite like to take up a language, as I fear the French that I learnt at school will be a bit rusty by now. It would be very useful, especially if I were ever to find myself enjoying an adventure in Paris...


After a nights sleep filled with dreams of cars and driving lessons,  I woke up to find that my planned lesson for the day had been cancelled! My test is soon and I am very nervous (I am wishing that it goes well!), but I shan't think about it too much. Instead of wasting the day I dressed in a new wardrobe addition, a lovely little duck print dress and my favourite pastel pink cardigan and headed out for an afternoon of shopping with my Favourite! I spent my pennies on a new book to add to my own little library and a DVD of "Once Upon A Time", I can't wait to watch it with a glass of pink milk! I also bought some yummy iced fingers and a fish finger sandwich, my tummy was happy today.


I almost forgot, I have some lovely news to share with you! My friend has recently gotten engaged! It is all very happy and sweet and I'm looking forward to celebrating properly soon. I can't believe I have friends that are so grown up, for I don't feel very grown up at all! I am twenty this coming February but I still feel very young, hmm. 

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 24 August 2012 at 01:58 , Blogger Georgia said...

I love your cat ballet pumps- very pretty!

Georgia :) x

 
At 24 August 2012 at 02:06 , Blogger Rachel, Cold Knees said...

You have such a lovely, lovely blog :) Love your kitty flats, I have similar ones that always make me smile when I wear them! My friend at work was just telling me about Once upon a time, I'm intrigued to watch it now :) xx

 
At 24 August 2012 at 02:29 , Blogger char said...

love those cat shoes, it's great that they got an outing :)

 
At 24 August 2012 at 03:21 , Blogger Deonne said...

Love the shoes!

I am now following your blog via GFC. Would love it if you'd pop by mine!

http://deonnep.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 24 August 2012 at 05:33 , Blogger Miss T said...

I had 6 hours of uni last year, it was incredible although I did get two jobs to fill in some of my time inbetween little library trips (: It's amazing how all the time flies! I love Neil Gaiman although I can't for the life of me remember if I've read American Gods or whether I'm mixing it up with another one...but it's bound to be good (: And I know what you mean about not feeling grown up, people even younger than me are getting married and having babies and there's just little twenty year old me feeling a little lost in the world (: xx

 
At 24 August 2012 at 06:09 , Blogger gabby said...

So jealous of your 6hrs at uni, i'm looking at about 25! Sob sob! I'm sure I'll find time to still bake/be lazy ;)

<3

 
At 24 August 2012 at 13:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank-you for the comment my lovely,

those shoes are adorable, could you tweet me (lilyfmason) where you got them?

lots of love,

lily from red brick lipstick

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:25 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you! I would wear them all the time if I could, they're so cute :) xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:26 , Blogger Ellie said...

Awww, thank you, lovely! :)
Kitty shoes are definitely the best kind of shoes, they make me smile :)
You really should watch it! I've only watched the first couple of episodes and I love it already :) xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:26 , Blogger Ellie said...

I think they were happy to be leaving my room! :) xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:27 , Blogger Ellie said...

Thank you, Sweet! I'll be sure to check out your blog too :) xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:28 , Blogger Ellie said...

I really do need to get a job I think, I feel I might get a little bored after a while! :)
I've only ever read Stardust before after falling in love with the film, so I'm really excited to read another of his books! Hopefully it'll be as good as the reviews say :)
I don't think I'll ever grow up you know! I'm just not ready yet :) xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:29 , Blogger Ellie said...

Oh no, that is a lot! Yes, baking and laziness must take priority, haha :) <3 xxx

 
At 28 August 2012 at 15:29 , Blogger Ellie said...

Of course I can, lovely! :) xxx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appreciate every single one, thank you for putting a smile on my face :) <3

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home